A systematic and compassionate approach to care
Our Trauma Informed Therapeutic Program is positioned to support single led families to develop emotional resilience, social adequacy and financial independence.
Our approach promotes resilience and healing.
Trauma-informed care means treating the whole person, taking into account past trauma and the resulting coping mechanisms when attempting to understand behaviors, and treating the trauma victims.
Individual, group counselling and therapy sessions take place daily or weekly.
Social Services Director
- Increase awareness of trauma impact.
- Reduce stress, fear, anxiety levels.
- Address and treat traumatic stress and the impact of emotional fatigue.
- Enhance and develop mental health, resilience and emotional intelligence.
- Facilitate training, education, financial independence and career opportunities.
- Influence and change behavior and habits.
- Transfer skills to avoid re-traumatization.
- Improve parental engagement and parenting models.
- Facilitate engagement and involvement in community life.
- Introduce and transfer mother and children successfully back into the community.
- Professional and financial independence for every mother.
- Baseline measurements
- Individual Development Plan
- Tracking Progress: Frequency, Intensity and Duration
- Residential Management
- Education and employment
- Health and wealth
- Legal, community access and involvement
- Relationship management
- Skills development
- Co-dependent management
Care and Treatment
Our approach is strengths-based service delivery rooted in an understanding of/and responsiveness to the impact of trauma, that emphasizes physical, psychological and emotional safety for both our therapeutic team and participants and victims of trauma.
It is a systemic approach to service delivery, therapy, counselling and care that is grounded in an understanding of the causes and consequences of trauma and promotes resilience and healing. Trauma-informed care means treating a whole person, taking into account past trauma and the resulting coping mechanisms when attempting to understand behaviors and treat the victim/s.
- A better understanding of themselves and their children
- Reduction in levels of anxiety, depression, aggression, frustration, posttraumatic stress
- Increase in ability to control emotions, to comply, to focus, expand skills levels, and coping abilities
- Be financially and emotionally independent.
- Can enter a workplace environment successfully
- Ability to deal with past trauma
- Increase in self-worth, self-esteem, confidence
- Improvement in academic performance
They graduate after successful completion of our Program. Katy Cares facilitates the transition process and their introduction into the community and work environment.
Trauma Informed Therapeutic Program (New document to follow)