Driven by a multidisciplinary team of business and professional leaders involved in the Katy community
Our attention was drawn to the invisible and expanding social dilemma of single mothers and children who experienced trauma as a result of an event, series of events and/or set of circumstances which are physically, emotionally harmful, and life-threatening.
These events have lasting and negative effects on an individual’s and/or family’s functioning and mental, physical, social, and emotional or spiritual well-being. Katy Cares was founded to provide a structured solution to this dire need experienced by single parent families.
A community of hope, healing, and harmony where single-led families overcome trauma, social isolation, and poverty through therapy, training, resources, support, opportunities, care, and love.
To equip single-parent families with the necessary social, spiritual and educational skill sets that can enable them to become emotionally resilient, economically independent, and participate meaningfully in the workforce.
Our values drive our approach, our organizational culture, and our objectives. These values are essential in the way we think, work, act and execute.
Dr. Harry Chapman
Dr. Dawid J. Pieterse
Ms. Melissa Chapman
Mr. Sean Nelson
Mr. Thom Polvogt
Advisory Board Members
Dr. Jerry Edmondson
- Employ personnel and therapists to manage, sustain and present our non-residential Trauma Informed Therapeutic Program called Ready, Set, Go!
- Provide coaching, mentoring, counselling and related support services, including therapeutic, spiritual, and educational interventions, to help our Program participants to lead their families independently.
- Involve inter-organizational and multi-disciplinary professionals to embrace and serve the diversity of needs of single parent families.
- Facilitate inter-connected community resources to enable participants to gain skills, develop emotional resilience, and provide opportunities for growth and development.
- Utilize measurable and specific outcomes.
- Facilitate and mentor behavioral change.
- Monitor implementation of quality and service impact.
- Ongoing evaluation and development.
- Integrate across all organizational service levels.
Our Program Goals
To ensure that every woman who graduates from our Program will have the necessary skills to further her career, connect spiritually, and excel emotionally, with adequate relational skills and emotional resilience to manage life’s challenges and have sufficient support and resources to sustain her family.
- An evidence-based Program focused on measurable equations (emotional, social, spiritual and educational development) of single-parents and their children affected by trauma.
- Developmental approach with a trauma recognized framework.
- Program participants initiate and manage their own change and development.
- Program participants will have personalized goals aligned with her own objectives.
- Ongoing feedback while celebrating the accomplishments and milestones reached of our Program participants.
- Single parents graduate from our Program empowered through behavioral change and educational improvement.
- Everyone is committed to participate, serve, help and assist to achieve our mission.